A ready-to-use, non-yellowing, extremely durable, water-based gloss. Suitable for direct application to new or previously painted plaster, concrete, fibre cement, wood and various types of composition boards. Also suitable for correctly prepared and primed mild steel.
- Available in 1 and 5-litre packs
- Colour: White
Technical Data Sheet
Waterbased Enamel is a waterborne acrylic paint with a high sheen finish. It has been formulated so that it is as easy to apply as PVA and is far less susceptible to paint sags and runs than conventional solvent based gloss enamels. The most desirable benefit is its durability. Waterbased Enamel is highly washable and burnish resistant. Easily applied to both interior and exterior surfaces. Quick overcoating (within four hours). Very low odour, film flexibility and better colour retention (non-yellowing) than conventional alkyd enamels.
Suitable for interior/exterior use on walls, ceilings and trim work where a medium to high gloss is required. Can be directly applied to new, dry plaster, fibre cement, concrete and various types of composition boarding. Highly recommended for fibre cement fascia/barge boards. Also suitable for direct application to lightly sanded, previously painted gloss enamel surfaces, metal and wooden surfaces provided these have been correctly primed and undercoated.
– All surfaces must be clean and dry and free from all loose dirt, grease and any other surface contaminants.
– Powdery, chalky surfaces must be thoroughly wire-brushed/sanded and washed down. All loose and flaking paint to be removed.
– All bare exposed metal surfaces must be spot primed with the appropriate primer.
– Gloss and oil painted surfaces to be thoroughly sanded and wiped down with a damp cloth.
– Kitchen walls without exception to be washed down with sugar soap.
Ready to use. Brush, mohair roller or airless spray application. Thinning not normally necessary. For ideal results, all specifications should allow for a minimum of two coats. Clean up with water.
SG: 1.14 – 1.16
Viscosity: +/- 85 KU
Drying Time: (T) 30 minutes – 1 hour
@ 25oC (H): 4 hours
Recoat: 2 hours
Solid Mass: 44 – 48%
Finish: High Sheen
Volume Solids: 33 – 36%
Spread rate: Approx. 10m2/Lt depending on surface profile and porosity.
Pack Sizes: 1L, 5L & 20L
Flash Point: Non flammable
VOC Level: < 10g/L calculatedHealth and Safety: Refer to Material Safety Data SheetDownload Technical Data Sheet