Finally a matt finish that offers the same benefits as the premium quality sheen finishes available, Gold Label Matt sets new standards for a high-performance matt emulsion. A luxurious, durable, pure acrylic wall coating that offers exceptional wear and dirt resistance, Dekade Gold Label Matt dries to a washable, silky-smooth matt finish.
- Quick drying; allows two coats to be applied in one day
- Easily applied by brush, roller and airless spray
- Exceptional wear and dirt resistance
- Equipment easily cleaned in water
- Outstanding exterior durability
- Minimal odour
- Suitable for direct interior/exterior application to new and previously painted plaster, composition board and fibre cement surfaces
- Can also be applied to wood and metal surfaces provided they have been correctly prepared, primed and undercoated
- Useful alternative to solvent-based eggshell enamels where a low odour, quick-dry sheen finish is required
- Outstanding exterior durability makes it ideal for high rise buildings, flats and townhouses
Available in 1, 5 and 20-litre pack sizes.
- Deep Base, Pastel Base, Transparent Base
Technical Data Sheet
Gold Label Matt is a luxurious, washable and durable interior/exterior, pure acrylic wall coating, which dries to a silky-smooth matt finish, which gives excellent wear and dirt removal properties. Suitable for direct application to new and previously painted plaster, composition board, fibre cement, wood and metal surfaces that have been correctly prepared, primed and undercoated.
Quick drying. Low odour. Equipment easily cleaned in water. Non-Yellowing. Outstanding exterior durability.
CONCRETE/CEMENT PLASTER: Apply 1 coat Dekade Surface Conditioner and allow 24 hours to dry. GYPSUM PLASTER/FIBRE CEMENT: Apply 1 coat Surface Conditioner, thinned 10% with Mineral Turps and allow 24 hours to dry. GALVANISED IRON: Prime with 1 coat Dekade WB Galvanised Iron Primer and allow 4 hours to dry. METAL SURFACES: Loose surface rust must be totally removed. Prime with Dekade Zinc Phosphate Primer, followed by Dekade Universal Undercoat. Allow 24 hours between coats.
Previously Painted Surfaces:
Loose flaking paint and efflorescence must be completely removed. All bare exposed metal areas must be spot primed with the appropriate primer. Remove all surface rust and prime with 2 coats of Dekade Rust and Metal Primer. Gloss/Oil Surfaces to be thoroughly sanded and wiped down with a damp cloth. Apply 1 coat Universal Undercoat and allow 24 hours to dry. Chalky surfaces must be thoroughly sanded before applying 1 coat Surface Conditioner diluted 10% with Mineral Turpentine. Kitchen walls without exception to be washed down with sugar soap.
Do not apply during cold, wet conditions.
Do not apply directly to unprimed metal surfaces.
Stir thoroughly with flat paddle before use. Ready for use by brush, roller or airless spray. Thinning is not normally necessary, use clean water if required. Clean up with water.
Type: Pure Acrylic
Drying Time: (T) 2 hours
@ 25oC (H): 8 hours
Recoat: 4 hours
Viscosity: 100 – 105 KU
Solids Volume: 30 – 35%
Solids Mass: 48 – 52%
Spread Rate: Approx. 10 – 12m2/Lt depending on surface profile and porosity.
Colour Range: White and tint bases
SG: 1.26 – 1.28
Pack Size: 1L, 5L & 20L
Health and Safety: Refer to Material Safety Data Sheet